Pages

Thursday 13 September 2012

Romance By Ralph Lauren

In my late 20s and early 30s I used to wear Ralph Lauren's Romance almost exclusively. Prior to that I had worn John Paul Gaultier's Classique, again virtually exclusively and before that Calvin Klein's Eternity. I wore those two so much that I eventually fell out of love with them.

However, I never fell out of love with Romance. I stopped wearing it because for a while I stopped wearing perfumes and I can't remember why. In the last couple of years I have rekindled my love of fragrance and now own a number of different scents that I wear depending on my mood or the occasion.


So when I saw that Debenhams had a great offer on the 50ml bottle of Ralph Lauren Romance something nostalgic swept over me and I just had to have it.

With the first spray it brought back so many memories and I remembered why I loved it so much. Initially the scent is quite strong and chemical smelling but don't let that put you off. It's a big rush of flowers which settles after about half an hour to something much lighter with a little spice.

It's a very feminine scent with roses and freesia and I would describe it as a daytime, summery fragrance rather than a romantic fragrance. Although there is a touch of musk in there it's not really a sexy scent. The pale pink box and clean lines of the glass bottle suit its understated elegance perfectly.

I'm so glad I own it again. I will wear it during these last warm days of summer and when I'm feeling frivolous and girly. And one of the best things about it is its staying power. So many beautiful perfumes just don't last on me but this one lingers on my skin until the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!