Pages

Sunday 26 August 2012

Montagne Jeunesse Dead Sea Face Spa

I'm a big fan of Montagne Jeunesse Face Masques, particularly the deep cleansing ones which I find leave my face feeling really clean and soft. I usually use them once a week on a Sunday evening as part of a mini facial and to give me some relaxation time.

They have recently added a couple of new Clay Spa masks to the range - fabric masks that they claim will offer a unique, enhanced cleansing experience. The two masks are Dead Sea Mud and Glacial Clay and both have special clays infused into a natural bamboo fabric. I picked up the Dead Sea Mud mask in Boots and decided to give it a go this evening.


First let me say they are a lot less messy than their usual masks! You simply open the sachet and the fabric is folded up inside which you place over your face and leave on for 5 minutes.

My main criticism is that it was far too big for my face which means it didn't lie very well against my skin and I had to keep pressing it on to my face to get the full benefit. There was also a large unused part at the bottom which wouldn't tuck under my chin. And looking at myself in the mirror as I put it on wasn't a pleasant experience - like something out of a horror film or a burns victim. Shudder.

The mask was very relaxing and cooling on my face. It contains menthol, which worried me a little as my skin is quite sensitive but didn't seem to affect it adversely. The menthol also gave it a lovely fresh, clean smell.


I left it on for 10 minutes and afterwards my skin felt softer and smoother once I had rinsed it off. I'm not sure how well it cleansed - I find that some of the other varieties do a really great job at cleansing but felt this was more calming and soothing than anything else.

However, I will definitely be using it again and am keen to try the other variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!