Pages

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Givenchy Prisme Libre Air Sensation Loose Powder

Loose powder - it's for ladies of a certain age right?

Wrong! Forget the idea you may have of chalky, orange powder caked on that emphasises every crack and crevice. Loose powder evens out your skin tone and gives you a really polished finish.

The problem is good loose powder is hard to find and since Clinique discontinued their Gentle Light face powder I've been on a mission to find an alternative.

Well I think my search may be over. After trying a number of samples and reading lots of reviews I finally bought Givenchy Prisme Libre Air Sensation Loose Powder in Delicate Beige. I've been using it daily for a couple of weeks and I'm very impressed with the results.


It comes in a pretty square box which is divided into four compartments of four different coloured powders. The lid has the Givenchy logo on it and it isn't the easiest to screw back on. Keeping the lid closed I shake the box and some of the powder is dispensed through the holes in the top which you can then apply over foundation or on its own.

I used to use a powder brush to apply loose powder but the Givenchy beauty consultant showed me another technique which works so much better. Take the powder puff supplied and roll it gently into your face. This way you get right into the corners around your nose and eyes and it goes on much more evenly. Then brush the excess away with a fat brush. Although it may seem that you use much more powder this way I don't actually think you do as when you go in with a brush you would tap the excess away anyway before you put it on your face.


The powder smells lovely and is very finely milled so does not look chalky once its on. It is so light on my face that I don't notice it at all during the day and it has great staying power. I find I just need to touch up around my T-zone with a pressed powder mid-afternoon. It corrects colour brilliantly and leaves my skin looking and feeling silky smooth. One of the powders has illuminating particles in it but they are so delicate that you don't need to worry about looking glittery. It makes you look healthy and glowing and in photographs you look almost airbrushed!

On days when I don't want to wear a lot of make up I use the Givenchy powder instead of foundation straight onto clean, moisturised skin. Add mascara and a touch of lip gloss or cheek stain and you have lovely natural looking makeup in about a minute.

It's not cheap but it will last for ages and I've got my fingers crossed this one doesn't get discontinued. My only criticism is that the puff seems a bit flimsy and may not last as long as the powder so I will have to buy a supply of replacements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!